- Topmarks - good for EYFS, KS1, KS2. This website includes Hit The Button which we often play in class if have a few minutes to spare or during wet play.
- Oxford Owl - great for a wide range of FREE ebooks you can read with children. Some books also include a little quiz or game at the end to test the child’s comprehension. Also has some maths games on there which are great for learning.
Key Stage 1
- Photographic Dictionary
- Phonics Play - The free area of the PhonicsPlay website is filled with free interactive games, phonics planning, assessment ideas and printable resources. There are many ideas to support teachers in delivering daily phonics sessions and lots of advice to support parents in helping their children learn to read.
- First School Years - A compound word is a word made by joining two or more existing words, e.g. something, everybody, etc. This page contains free worksheets, flashcards, online activities and other educational resources to help with compound words. Compound words form part of the National Literacy Strategy for Year 3.
- BBC Bitesize - Fun activities to help children at KS1 learn more about Literacy.
- Starfall - Learn To Read - Starfall.com opened in September of 2002 as a free public service and has been teaching children to read with phonics ever since. Our systematic approach, in conjunction with phonemic awareness practice, is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD, ELL, ESL). Starfall is an educational alternative to other entertainment choices for children.
- Mathletics KS1 - Award winning Mathletics is the next generation in learning, helping students enjoy maths and improve their results. Mathletics covers all UK national curricula from KS1 to 5, including the Curriculum for Excellence.
- Place Value Games - When children have mastered counting up to ten or twenty and are ready to work with larger numbers, these place value games will help them to develop an understanding of how place value works. For example, children will learn that in the number 25, the 2 stands for two tens, and the 5 for five units.
- BBC Bitesize Maths - Fun activities to help children at KS1 learn more about Maths.
Key Stage 2
- Fun English Games - Welcome to Fun English Games for Kids! Find a wide range of free teaching resources that are perfect for students learning English, ESL classes and teachers looking for ideas online.
- BBC Bitesize English - KS2 - Reading, writing and spelling and grammar skills can help you tell a story, share your ideas, write a letter and make sense of instructions. We use them everyday and they help us understand each other.
- Mathletics KS2 - Award winning Mathletics is the next generation in learning, helping students enjoy maths and improve their results. Mathletics covers all UK national curricula from KS1 to 5, including the Curriculum for Excellence.
- ICT Maths Games
- Be a Mathmatician (BEAM) - This comprehensive range of fun, vibrant and innovative primary maths resources enables each pupil in your class to Be A Mathematician!
- Enriching Mathematics - Simply 'having a go' is a great way to make a start on a mathematical problem. Whatever happens, you will have learnt more about the situation and can then tweak your approach. These activities all lend themselves to this 'trial and improvement' way of working.
- BBC Bitesize KS2 - Maths
- Coolmath - An amusement park of math and more... Lessons and games designed for fun!
EYFS KS1 and KS2 Science Learning Resources
- Explorify A fantastic free resource to get children thinking like scientists. It is also a great place to explore different resources across the science curriculum.
- Nat Geographic Kids - This website provides children with practical science projects and experiments. It also covers facts and in-depth features on animals, habitats and life cycles, as well as space, the solar system and being an astronaut.
- Fun Science - This website provides free science resources and helps pupils to learn whilst conducting fun investigations along the way.
- We Are Teachers - This website provides online resources and free science videos for children.
- BBC Bitesize - BBC Bitesize is a resource that is useful for children of all ages. It has games, videos and activities that run parallel to the National Curriculum.