Our school menus are lovingly prepared by the East Anglian Taste for Schools company, aka "Eats". These foodies are passionate about preparing wholesome food that the children love.
Their menus fully comply with the latest school food regulations, and meet the criteria for the Bronze Standard of Food For Life.
- At least 75% of the dishes on the menu are freshly prepared in our kitchens.
- All the meat we use is farm assured as a welfare minimum.
- The eggs they use are from cage-free hens.
- The staff are supported with professional development including training in fresh food preparation.
- Food on the menu does not contain any hydrogenated fats or undesirable additives.
The price of a child school meal is currently : £2.30
Free school meals are available to those pupils whose parents are receiving Income Support or Income based Job Seekers Allowance. To apply you can obtain a form from the school or the Area Education Office. All free meal arrangements are, of course, confidential and no child is identified in any way. From September 2014 all children in EYFS,Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free hot school meal.
NOTE: Information regarding allergens is provided by the ingredient manufacturer. Eats and its employees do not assume responsibility for this information or a particular sensitivity or allergy to any food item it provides. Please be aware that cross contamination may occur between ingredients. Based on our product mix and preparation, we cannot guarantee that any menu item is completely free of any allergen.