What a strange and unusual year we have had! But that hasn’t stopped our Eco-Warriors from doing their bit to help the environment, in the safest ways possible!
Since our Eco-Warriors were established in 2019 they have achieved so much including;
1. Teaching the school about the importance of recycling by asking Suffolk Recycles to visit and hold an assembly (pre COVID-19).
2. Completing under cover audits to check teachers and classes are not wasting electricity! (pre COVID-19).
3. Completing a litter picking event in the local community (pre COVID-19).
3. Putting recycling bins in every classroom for paper
4. Making labels for each classroom to remind adults and children to “turn off the lights”
By working hard to achieve these goals we have already been awarded two certificates from Eco-Schools:
The Eco-Warriors continue to work towards our three goals:
1. reduce waste
2. reduce energy
3. improve school grounds.
As summer fast approaches, we hope to begin working more actively on the third of our goals. Our outdoors areas should look more colourful soon!
Miss Levey and the Eco-Warriors